The 6th annual Mat-Su Salmon Symposium was another great success thanks to the dedication, input and perspectives of many. This year’s theme was healthy salmon, healthy communities with Keynote speaker David Batker, Co-founder, Executive Director and Chief Economist of Earth Economics, who spoke about the importance of recognizing the value of, and services provided by salmon, and salmon habitat in the Mat-Su.
There were over 140 people in attendance over the two days, with more than 25 presenters covering broad range of topics including a summary of the Salmon Partnership’s accomplishments over the last 5 years, as well as a look to where the Partnership is heading. This year, perhaps more than ever the Symposium seemed to provide a forum for common ground, where a diversity of views could be shared in healthy dialogue.
- Please find pictures from the Symposium on the Partnership facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/
- General Symposium content including booklet at www.matsusalmon.org. Oral presentations and a recording of David Batker’s keynote will be posted on this same site soon.
KTUU Channel Two News
- Salmon Habitat Status Presents an Economic Concern, posted November 14, 2013 by Dan Carpenter
KSKA’s Addressing Alaskan’s – Alaska Public Radio (Today!)
- David Batker’s keynote address is scheduled to air on Tuesday 11/26 at 2:00 pm and 9:00 pm on KSKA FM 91.1. Please note that keynote talks from Symposiums 2011 through 2013 will also be available for podcast listening anytime at http://www.alaskapublic.org/
category/kska/ addressingalaskans/ and soon will be available on the Partnership’s Symposium page at http://www.matsusalmon.org.
Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman
- Salmon Symposium set for Nov. 13-14, posted November 4, 2013
- Salmon symposium starts Wednesday at Palmer Depot, posted November 11, 2013 by Andrew Wellner http://www.frontiersman.com/
news/salmon-symposium-starts- wednesday-at-palmer-depot/ article_f4dd2152-4b61-11e3- a99b-001a4bcf887a.html
- Salmon deserve attention, posted November 21, 2013 by Howard Delo http://www.frontiersman.com/
sports/outdoors/salmon- deserve-attention/article_ 95fc7c42-533f-11e3-97d2- 0019bb2963f4.html
Alaska Journal of Commerce
· Mat-Su Borough approves salmon protections for culverts, posted November 14, 2013 by Molly Dischner http://www.alaskajournal.com/